Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) ES128 MFD connecting to an S3 autopilot
05-02-18, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-18 06:08 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have an S3 autopilot (with rudder indicator & type 1 motor) connecting with a Seatalk cable to a D244 junction box, which then connects to a P70Rs control head via an adaptor cable ST to STng. The other P70rs STng socket being connected to a 5 way backbone, its 3 centre white sockets being connected as 12v power, P70rs, ES128, the 2 blue ends having blacking plugs.

The MFD says "No Autopilot Connected", the P70Rs is connected to the MFD as it is showing depth.

I'd like to use the autopilot through the MFD, is it a case of the S3 being too old or have I connected this up incorrectly?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-18, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-18 06:50 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi bel ébats

Thank you for your enquiry.

The connections that you have used are not correct I am afraid.

The p70Rs cannot be used as an interface between the SeaTalk and STng networks.

The Connections you describe for the S3 and the p70Rs is Ok, that is then all running on SeaTalk, however disconnect the STng from the STng 5 way backbone connector.

You will then need a SeaTalk to STng converter, E22158 - which can then be used to connect the SeaTalk part of the Network ( the S3 computer etc) to the STng part of the network ( the eS 128)

You may find this link as well as this link helpfull too.

Regards
05-05-18, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-18 07:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG) ES128 MFD connecting to an S3 autopilot
Thanks for the response I have ordered the parts as you describe, & will connect up as follows (I've removed the STng lead from p70rs to 5 way connecter), new SeaTalk to STng converter, E22158 with its ST - STng lead connecting it to the ST 3 way block (sitting between the p70rs & S3) & its yellow socket. Then connect 1 socket to 12v supply and the other to my MFD.
05-08-18, 07:28 AM
RE: (DG) ES128 MFD connecting to an S3 autopilot
Hi bel ébats

Sounds like you have all the info you need

Regards