Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Can't Download newest Lighthouse SW
05-06-18, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-18 10:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Can't Download newest Lighthouse SW
I have a 2017 Axiom 12 with a Navionics micro SD card. I believe I must update the Lighthouse s/w online as I don't have a Lighthouse card. Recently...a month or so ago?...I successfully downloaded the big new Lighthouse upgrade. But now, when I try to connect and download the newest upgrade (3.3 or 4??) I am not able to. From the boat I have tried the Marina's wifi (slow and a bit unpredictable) and my iPhone hotspot (usually fast and reliable). Over two days I tried several times, and every time got the message "Raymarine server not responding. Try again later." I can't believe your server was down for two days! What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Oldersalt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-18, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-18 09:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Can't Download newest Lighthouse SW
Oldersalt,

I have since attempted the Axiom LH v3.4.66 software update via Wi-Fi and found that it was working properly.
05-15-18, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-18 09:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Clarification....maybe try again, or other ideas?
Current LH s/w is 3.3.17
app version 3.3.785
IP = 10.30.102.235

Did a factory reset. No difference.
WiFi connection screen shows that the Axiom is connected to either the marina's wifi or my iPhone hotspot (though with the hotspot is usually just says "saved" and it takes several tries to get to "connected."
When I hit the update button, the "Server unavailable" message appears instantly, leading me to wonder whether it ever really tried to connect.
Your thoughts????

Thanks in advance
Oldersalt
05-16-18, 09:58 AM
Oldersalt,

I downgraded the software within an Axiom MFD to v3.3.170 again this morning and then commanded the MFD to check for updates ... again no problem. Given the slowness to connect, particularly with a smartphone configured as a Wi-Fi hotspot, it may be possible that your MFD has issue with its Wi-Fi communications circuitry if the smartphone was located in close proximity to the MFD when connection was attempted. If so, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. In the interim, it would be recommended that the MFD's software, as well as the software of any peripherals, be updated using software update files which have been saved to microSD memory card.