Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] C120 Upgrade to Axiom?
05-09-18, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-18 01:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] C120 Upgrade to Axiom?
I have a C120 and I would like to upgrade to a new display.
1) Is there a template or adapter for the Axiom or any other display?
2) I have a DSM 30. Would the new Axioms need this for the sounder or no? The DSM seems problematic.
3)Will my existing Thru hull transducer hook right up? It's likely a 2005 C120 and Airmar bronze thru hull.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-18, 03:02 PM
RE: [CA] C120 Upgrade to Axiom?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MA208,

Q1) Is there a template or adapter for the Axiom or any other display?
A1) Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacing a C-Series Classic MFD with an Axiom MFD. Raymarine offers the A80529 Axiom 12 adapter plate for those who will be replacing legacy C120 / E120 Classic MFDs with an Axiom 12 MFD.

Q2) I have a DSM 30. Would the new Axioms need this for the sounder or no? The DSM seems problematic.
A2) As the Axiom DV and Axiom RV MFDs additionally feature internal 600W 50kHz / 200kHz fishfinder sounder circuitry the DSM may be omitted from the system should one of these Axiom MFDs be installed in place of the C120. Please click here to view a FAQ providing specifics on this subject.

Q3) Will my existing Thru hull transducer hook right up? It's likely a 2005 C120 and Airmar bronze thru hull.
A3) See the FAQ referenced within the response to Q2 regarding the adapter or Y-Cable which may be used to interface the currently installed transducer to an Axiom DV or Axiom RV MFD's transducer socket.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply