Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Potential EV 150 Autopilot Installation
05-09-18, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-18 01:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Potential EV 150 Autopilot Installation
I have bought a new boat. All of the electronics are Raymarine. 12" Axiom, HD Radar, AIS 700 and VHF Radio and are being installed at the moment.

The Jeanneau NC 895 has twin 200 hp Yamahas and Sea Star steering.

I am thinking about significantly reducing my workload by installing an EV150 autopilot as well.

I have two questions.

How long (in terms of hours of labour) should it take a competent yard to install an EV150 autopilot package on a brand new boat after all of the other Raymarine electronics are installed? Research seems to indicate that it is a plug and play installation.

Does anyone know how large the cylinder is in the Sea Star steering ram needed for 2x200 Yamahas? I want to make sure that one of the standard hydraulic pumps in the EV 150 choices is appropriately sized for my boat. I don't want to go down a non standard hydraulic pump rabbit [censored].

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-18, 02:11 PM
RE: [CA] Potential EV 150 Autopilot Installation
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum LuckyOne,

You may want to consider contacting the boat's manufacturer to determine the make and model of steering ram which was installed on the boat. Otherwise, the steering ram's cubic capacity may be ascertained by examining the steering ram. Its cubic capacity will be stamped on the steer ram or on a plate which is affixed to the steering ram. I would recommend calling some Certified Raymarine Installers in your area to get an estimate on the cost to install the autopilot.
05-15-18, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-18 09:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Do any owners have an opinion about a reasonable install time that I should be billed for after the rest of the Raymarine infrastructure is installed?
05-15-18, 09:08 AM
Noted.