The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] E80 not reading other raymarine instruments
05-11-18, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-18 12:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] E80 not reading other raymarine instruments
I have an E80, Raymarine wind, depth, tridata and ST60 multi and an ACR AIS unit tied in via NMEA. For some reason, my E80 is not importing data from my other Raymarine instruments, it is showing "0" GPS satellites, etc. All the other instruments are working, I get GPS position on my ST60, they are just not transmitting to the E80. The E80 is picking up my position from the AIS GPS, and I am getting my position on the E80 from that. But I cannot track with my autopilot because it says it is not getting any data., but it will hold a course, just not track.

I have checked all cable connections, everything is securely connected. Everything is working, but the E80 is not reading any of the other information from the Raymarine instruments but is reading the AIS GPS position- strange. Any ideas of where to look? I am wondering if something is connected backwards? I have not been able to track since I had the motherboard of the E80 replaced. But it seems odd that the motherboard could be the reason. However, it seems like it is reading things from the wrong source, but the AIS is not directly connected to the E80. Could there be some wires switched somewhere? And if so, where do I look?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] E80 not reading other raymarine instruments - sailing_gal - 05-11-18 03:46 AM