Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Mercmonitor to Axiom interface
05-12-18, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-18 10:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Mercmonitor to Axiom interface
I have recently installed a new Mercury 150 4 stroke with Mercmonitor gauge and gateway on my new Axiom RVX/Axiom RV network. All network functionality is there, integration of EV-100 was successful, electronics all work great. I have connected the NMEA network to the gateway via the appropriate connection point. Mercmonitor is set to NMEA2000 as Gateway, and set to Transmit. As Merc don't give any Raymarine specific instructions anywhere I can find, I went via the instructions for integration to Lowrance/Simrad, which are pretty basic, as I have done above. But when I go to Identify Engine on the MFD, it cannot find it. I am currently 3.4xx.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-18, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-18 10:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Mercmonitor to Axiom interface
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ranmar850,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the engine data not be populating, then a NMEA 2000 analyzer should be interfaced to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to determine which Instance IDs are being transmitted with the NMEA 2000 PGNs including engine data.
06-08-18, 06:07 AM
I have since discovered, via help from someone with a similar problem on THT, that I am, in fact, receiving engine data. It is all there on the Dashboard app. If you try to do the Identify Engine setup, it still says it cannot detect any engine data, but I am seeing it all on the Dashboard. It is not available as a side bar option.
06-08-18, 08:37 AM
Ranmar850,

Your latest comments echo the information which was specified within the FAQ which I had referenced within my initial response.