Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] VHF Radio to C70 Charplotter
05-13-18, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-18 01:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] VHF Radio to C70 Charplotter
I have the Raymarine Vhf Nmea0183 To St-Ng Converter Kit E70196. I cannot get my GPS information to show on my Uniden UM415 VHF radio. I have tried various wires and combinations to no avail.

The GPS appears to be wired into the NMEA0183 wire/port coming from the C70 Chartplotter.

I was thinking does the GPS information get relayed from the Chartplotter to the NMEA0183 Converter and on to my VHF radio.

Help Please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-18, 01:12 PM
RE: [CA] VHF Radio to C70 Charplotter
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brad,

Please note that the VHF NMEA 0183 to STng Converter Kit would not typically be used with a C-Series Classic MFD unless the system featured a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which additionally feature a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter through which the MFD had been interfaced to the backbone. This would be the case if the system featured other Raymarine devices having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface.

You have indicated that your GPS sensor has been interfaced to the MFD's NMEA 0183 cable. Should this be the case and should your MFD be able to receive GPS data from the GPS sensor, then it would indicate that the GPS sensor supports 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications. In such cases, then NMEA 0183 output of the GPS sensor would simply be paralleled to supply GPS data not only to the MFD, but also to the GPS sensor. The simplest way of accomplishing this end would be to connect the GPS sensor's NMEA 0183 OUT+ lead and NMEA 0183 OUT- leads to a insulated terminal strip. The NMEA 0183 IN+ (white) lead of the MFD NMEA 0183 Cable and NMEA 0183 IN+ lead of the VHF radio would then be connected to the terminal that the GPS sensor's NMEA 0183 OUT+ lead was connected. Finally, the NMEA 0183 IN- lead (green) of the MFD NMEA 0183 Cable and NMEA 0183 IN- lead of the VHF radio would then be connected to the terminal that the GPS sensor's NMEA 0183 OUT- lead was connected.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply