Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 9 freezing on power on
05-18-18, 08:42 PM
Axiom 9 freezing on power on
Hi, I’ve had an issue a several times now with my screen freezing up when I power the system on. The only way to clear it is to cut power at the main switch and reboot everything. It is running the latest software 3.4.66. I have two Axiom 9s, Quantum Radar, CP470, HS5, EV200, RAY52 VHF. Everything is essentially brand new except the 470 and the EV200 which I carried over from my old rig. I checked online for updates again today so I know everything else is current too. The one that freezes is the slave. The data master display never does it (although it did crash and reboot once today, probably unrelated to this issue I’m more concerned about).

See attached video.

https://youtu.be/zjYxHaJJJUA

I’m starting to wonder if it’s something to do with the HS5 or something else on the network. I have these set to power up with all the other electronics when I flip a switch at my helm. I assume this should be okay to do? Or should I have the HS5 on a separate switch and power it on first? Is this a known issue? Any solutions? I am very hesitant to do a factory reset since I’ve spent a lot of time setting the pages how I want them. Can I reset the slave without losing all the pages?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-18, 10:39 AM
RE: Axiom 9 freezing on power on
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum OTR,

When the system is booting, care should be taken to not interact with any of the system's MFDs until all have completed startup initialization. Should you be operating the system using this guideline and should the problem persist, then it is recommended that any chart cards be removed from the system's MFDs and that the system, that the system be switched OFF, and then switched ON again. Should the problem abate, then please identify the makes and product names of the Chart cards / charts being used within the system. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that each MFD be Factory Reset (back up your data before doing so) to address the reported issue. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the Ethernet communications cables connecting each MFD to the HS5 RayNet Network be inspected for signs of damage (kinks, cuts, etc.), modification (splices), or cable bends having a radius of less than 3". Should none be found, then it would be recommended that the system's other devices be disconnected from the HS5 RayNet Network switch and that the operation of the MFDs be tested using different port of the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Should the problem persist when so tested, then it would be recommended that the problematic MFD and HS5 RayNet Network Switch be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply