Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ray Control, Ray Remote on Lighthouse II
05-16-18, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-18 01:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Ray Control, Ray Remote on Lighthouse II
Using Android 4.2.2 Tablet with a75 MFD both fully updated. After several hours of use both tablet and a75 become completely locked up, the MFD won't even switch off by pushing its power button.
Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-18, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-18 09:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Ray Control, Ray Remote on Lighthouse II
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum JBomber,

We have received no prior reports of the symptoms reported. I have run a test over a weekend and have not been able to duplicate the reported problem.
07-05-18, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-18 09:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi
How did your test go?
I've just submitted another post as the whole a75 is becoming unresponsive to inputs/screen selections after about 4-5hrs use requiring a reboot to solve. It's fully updated to v19.03
07-05-18, 09:03 AM
JBomber,

Q1. How did your test go?
A1. See my prior post ... in short, we were unable to duplicate the reported issue.

Q2.I've just submitted another post as the whole a75 is becoming unresponsive to inputs/screen selections after about 4-5hrs use requiring a reboot to solve. It's fully updated to v19.03
A2. Given the reported symptom, it is recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
07-05-18, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-18 11:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck
Is there anything I can do "in the field"? I can't really send it away right now?
Would a large area of Navionics charts affect it?
07-05-18, 11:40 AM
JBomber,

Q1. Is there anything I can do "in the field"?
A1. Should the Navionics Sonar Logging feature be enabled, you may want to try configuring it to OFF. I am aware of no other options which may correct the reported symptom other than possibly performing a System Settings and Data Reset command. Unfortunately, should the problem persist, then there would be no other recommendations other than to have the MFD bench tested/serviced by the Repair Center.

Q2. Would a large area of Navionics charts affect it?
A2. With the possible exception of having enabled the Navionics Sonar Logging feature and then having executed it continuously for a very, very long time as specified above, I am aware of no issue related to the use of Navionics cartography which may trigger the reported issue.
07-05-18, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-18 03:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
That's interesting Chuck. We're not moving tomorrow but we shall be on Saturday so I'll switch off Sonar Logs and see how we go
07-07-18, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-18 09:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck
I've switched off Sonar Logs and the MFD has been running well for 9 hours with no sign of:
a) the unit becoming unresponsive
b) the android app freezing.
It would appear that this has therefore (temporarily) solved our problem
It's unfortunate that we can no longer contribute to Sonar Charts, however, basic functionality is more important. Perhaps this can be sorted in v19.04?
Many thanks
07-08-18, 09:32 AM
JBomber,

Unfortunately, no further LightHouse II software releases are currently planned. As I suspect that the problem is associated with logging for long periods of time, you may want to consider configuring the feature OFF when not "mowing the lawn" to perform data collection.