Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11] Wind 180 degrees off on Axiom 9
06-04-18, 04:04 PM
RE: [TG11] Wind 180 degrees off on Axiom 9
Hi Tom,

I ended up having a couple of the Raymarine guys on my boat checking it out. They happened to be at the Marina. They ended up stumped and we surmised the ST60 might have been bad. Swapped it out with another of the same vintage and the wind lined up perfectly across the instruments. Thanks for all your help. Russ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-19, 06:15 PM
I have a similar problem.

I have an Axion 9" display with the latest software upgrade (April 2019). My older ST60 wind instrument points correctly to apparent and true wind angles. I have recently reset the ST60 wind instrument and did the calibration doing the 2 circles which did flash and beep. I think it is working fine.

My Axiom MFD shows the wind direction on the screen but it is 60 degrees Off. The wind speed matches the St 60 display. I have changed the magnet to True north in the MFD and no changes.

My system consist of:
Axiom 9" (April 2019 upgrade)
ST 60 wind instrument
ST 60 Tridata istrument
ST 4000+ autopilot.

Any suggestions on how to get the wind display to point correctly on the MFD. I can make the adjustment on the ST 60 wind instrument to make the wind instrument be 60 degrees off and then the wind direction on the MFD will be correct?

Thanks
05-12-19, 09:38 PM
Hello Mike,

I won't reply here as we have another thread going on this, but as you can see, I gave the same answer to Russ as I've given to you. I am very sure this will solve your problem, I've probably seen it 50 times over the years. In fact I think that Russ replaced his ST60 unnecessarily - I assume that the replacement ST60 just had better pointer calibration than the old one.

As I say in the other thread though, if you're still seeing errors after doing the pointer cal and wind angle alignment, please send photos/video of exactly what you are seeing so that I can look more deeply into it.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.