The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] RV-100 Placement on Fish/Ski Transom
05-17-18, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-18 03:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RV-100 Placement on Fish/Ski Transom
I have 2006 Ranger Reata 180 with a Yam 150 and the placement choices are not the greatest, looking for some guidance to start off with to try. I have watched videos and read hundreds of blogs of where to place and unfortunately an 1 1/2 hour from the lake to play with it. I have seen this transducer screwed to the top of the step in front of the motor which doesn't make sense to everything I have read by Raymarine and other manufacturers. I have made 3 spots in attached photo where in numerical order where it could go, my steps are shallow and I have a curvature going starboard that would make this mount really difficult. If it is always submerged will that hurt anything? Top speed is 50mph. I am also wondering if the plastic stern savers are holding up for this large transducer? Thanks in advance for any assistance/guidance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] RV-100 Placement on Fish/Ski Transom - Ranger Reata - 05-17-18 01:36 PM