Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] Wi-Fish App
05-17-18, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-18 08:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Wi-Fish App
Is there a way to increase the font size of the depth and temp displayed? How do you import charts for the map view? I have read you use apple maps but they won't download when connected to the wifi from the Wi-Fish.
Has anyone been able to get it to work in Navionics on an Apple IOS device lately? I had it talking with Navionics last year but this year either some apple update or Navionics but it won't communicate with Navionics. I have many trouble tickets in with Navionics but no luck yet.
Thanks!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-18, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-18 08:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Wi-Fish App
Dan,

Q1. Is there a way to increase the font size of the depth and temp displayed?
A1. Unfortunately, the configuration settings options of the Wi-Fish app do not include an option to change font sizes.

Q2. How do you import charts for the map view? I have read you use apple maps but they won't download when connected to the wifi from the Wi-Fish.
A2. The Apple Maps are stored on your mobile device when the iPad / iPhone's Map feature is used to view the area of interest. Be certain to pan through the entire area at the desired range level to permit the Apple cartography to be saved. An article addressing this subject may be found here.

Q3. Has anyone been able to get it to work in Navionics on an Apple IOS device lately? I had it talking with Navionics last year but this year either some apple update or Navionics but it won't communicate with Navionics. I have many trouble tickets in with Navionics but no luck yet.
A3. Please click here to view the most recent thread in which I had addressed this subject. As indicated therein, it is recommend that Navionics be consulted on the latest progress in addressing this issue with the Navionics Boating app.
05-23-18, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-18 09:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for your reply!
05-24-18, 09:34 AM
You're welcome.