Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] P70R Firmware Update Question
05-18-18, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-18 02:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] P70R Firmware Update Question
I have a P70R head unit with a Smart Pilot X5-R unit that I must update due to it's being obsolete. I am going to a EV-1 and ACU-150 hydraulic solution. I read that I must update my P70R to the latest firmware. I do not have any other raymarine head unit/equipment with an SD card reader with the exception of my Lowrance HDS7 Gen3. Can I get the Seatalkng to communicate to the NEMA2000 on the HDS7? I have already purchased the seatalkng to nema2000 hardware conversion cable. Can I update the firmware for the P70R thru the HDS7gen3? Any assistance or links to reading material on this topic would be greatly appreciated. thanks Mick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-18, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-18 02:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] P70R Firmware Update Question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum CatawbaMick,

While the Evolution autopilot will support communications of navigational data with third part NMEA 2000 chartplotting products, Evolution autopilots may only be updated by Raymarine MFDs having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface. I would recommend that the dealer from who you will be purchasing the Evolution autopilot components be made aware of your situation and to not only ensure they your new Evolution autopilot components will be updated with the latest software before selling them to you, but to determine whether the dealer can also update the software within your p70R if brought to the dealer. If not, Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply