Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG11) Rudder Pump Oscillations
05-23-18, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-18 08:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG11) Rudder Pump Oscillations
Hi Derek

Thanks again for your help.
I had to increase the rudder dampening to 7 before the oscillations were eliminated.
I am concerned it needs to be that high but will test the system underway nonetheless with that value set up later in the week.
Can you please answer the following questions for me though.

1. The system has a rudder reference and I have already performed a dockside calibration. The Hard-Over time is reported as 4.8 seconds. Is this reported value determined/calculated from the dock side calibration? This is obviously outside of the Raymarine recommended time however this pump was previously installed.

I ask as I have had this oscillation issue before whilst fault finding on another autopilot system, not Raymarine, where the pump was used with a servo cylinder "Power Steering" system. In that case it was determined the pump was too powerful for the system and was downgraded with good results. I am wondering whether the very fast hard over to hard over time is the same issue here.

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (DG11) Rudder Pump Oscillations - PetrelMarine - 05-23-18 06:27 PM