Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG11) Intermittent depth
05-19-18, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-18 09:19 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG11) Intermittent depth
I have a Raymarine suite of products from around 2005 on my sailboat. Recently the depth is intermittently not working. The trial data instrument has visible moisture inside the display and I suspect is causing the problem.

I have reseated all connectors with no change.

I think at this point, the tridata instrument is likely the culprit. In that case, what are my options? I would like to keep the system as intact as possible replacing as few things as necessary. I do not need a tridata instrument display as depth is shown on the MFD and other instruments.

Can I replace my transducer with a NMEA 2000 airmar depth and interface that into my current seatalk network?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-18, 09:25 AM
RE: (DG11) Intermittent depth
Hi beneteau472

Thank you for your enquiry.

The simplest solution would be to replace the tridata with an i50 Tridata, see here this will connect direct to your existing transducers and will link in to your existing SeaTalk network.

You may have to remove some adjoining plugs and use spade connectors to rejoin the network,depending on whether you have ST50 or ST60 instruments onboard.

You would not be able to use the NMEA2000 smart depth Transducer, since this will not be able to interface directly to SeaTalk.

regards
06-04-18, 10:26 AM
Thank you for the response!

As my current instruments age out and do not make sense to fix, moving towards NMEA 2000 compatable components makes more sense for me.

To that end, can I connect a NMEA2000 smart depth Transducer to the network via a SeaTalk1 to Seatalkng Converter Kit? (Since I don't need the tridata display since the depth is displayed on my MFD and multi repeaters)
06-04-18, 11:13 AM
Hi beneteau472

No this would not be an option, since there is no way in your current network to calibrate the Smart Tx.

You could fit the Smarttransducer, and an i70 into a new STng backbone, then connect this new STng backbone network to your existing SeaTalk network and share data between the networks?

thanks
Derek