Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Triducer installation
05-20-18, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-18 06:37 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Triducer installation
I have just installed the thru hull for my triducer and am little confused by which 0-rings i should have on. I believe it is the DST800V that I have as the housing has the flap that closes over and the insert does not have the ribs that the older model has. However the insert has a black O-ring at the top and the yellow one mentioned in the instructions is in the box. Should I be removing the black o-ring and putting the yellow in its place? See attached picture
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-18, 06:40 AM
RE: (DG) Triducer installation
Hi mwalsh7

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes,you will need to replace the Black O ring with the yellow one, please ensure to use some lubricant - such as biodegradable soap or similar to lubricate both O seals before inserting the insert. Without lubricant the insert will be very stiff and will not seat fully.

Regards
06-28-18, 08:50 AM
Hi,
I ordered the DST800V through amazon.ca (supplied by amazon not a 3rd party) as part of the i70 system kit.
The instructions talk about a yellow o-ring but the one on the transducer was black and the one in the replacement kit for non-valve thru-hulls was also black (and thinner).

I tried phone support but had no luck reaching anyone who could help - I was told by the one person I got hold of not to worry about it just use it as is.

Regards,
Stan
06-29-18, 05:02 AM
Hi stanb

The Yellow O-Ring is thicker and when greased will give a tighter seal and is the advice we received from Airmar who supply the transducers.

Best regards
Derek