Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG11) Evolution ACU-150 pump requirements
05-23-18, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-18 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG11) Evolution ACU-150 pump requirements
Hello,

I'm spec'ing out an AP system, and the EV-150 complete system pack seems most appropriate for my boat. However, I have a contact a Seastar that can get me their own Type 1 AP pump for a very low price. So I'm also pricing out the individual components of the EV-150 pack, to see if I can save some money on the complete system.

Question:
My Seastar guy has asked me to confirm if this EV-150 system requires rudder position feedback and/or flow sensing?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-18, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-18 08:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG11) Evolution ACU-150 pump requirements
Hi tdcooper99

Thank you for your enquiry

In general when using a 3rd party pump, a rudder reference unit will always be recommended since the characteristics of the motor used will differ from Raymarine motors and could lead to rudder position issues. A rudder reference unit will also improve the performance of an autopilot system as well.

Regards
Derek
05-24-18, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-18 08:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. So what rudder reference sensor would I need for my single stern drive? The only one I can find on raymarine.com is part number M81105, the rotary rudder reference unit. But that doesn't seem right for my setup.
05-31-18, 06:03 AM
Hi tdcooper99

The rotary rudder reference unit M81105 is the only one we make, it is either mounted vertically on the inboard side of the transom - in cases where space is tight, it can also be connected through the transom onto the outboard side of the drive leg using a stainless steel sheathed borden cable.

thanks
Derek