Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11] Wind Calibration Routine
05-18-18, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-18 11:57 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Wind Calibration Routine
Hello,

I have recently purchased the i70 System Pack.

I am trying to calibrate the Wind Instrument and have followed the instructions in the manual (turning the boat in large slow circles speed<2 knots.).

When I clicked start on the calibration routine the first time I got a circle with a large yellow arrow pointing to about the 1030 clock position. It didnt move and the routine never completed or gave any indication of progress.

After some time I tried the calibration routine again - this time the yellow arrow was pointing to the 3 o'clock position. Again it never completed or gave any indication of progress.

The ITC5 power LED is on. The Yellow LED on the ITC5 next to the Wind Transducer wires is also on.

I am not sure what I could be doing wrong?

Cheers

W
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-18, 12:05 AM
RE: [TG11] Wind Calibration Routine
Hello watsala,

What does the Apparent Wind Angle show on the i70 display, when you're not in the calibration? Does this appear reasonable, or is this also static?

If the wind angle is static then you have a problem with the signals coming from your masthead transducer to the ITC5. If you think this might be the case, the next step would be to check the signal voltages coming into the ITC5, particularly on the blue and green wires (wind angle pair.) On each, you should see a similar voltage range (approx. 2 - 5.8V measured between either blue or green and the black shield wire), where the voltage should change smoothly and evenly with changing wind angle. If the voltage on either colour is static when the windvane is turning, you have a problem. The most common cause of problems here is moisture getting into the masthead connector because the locking ferrule hasn't been completely screwed down (compressing the sealing O-ring.)

If the voltages coming into the ITC5 do look reasonable, perhaps the problem is the ITC5. Either way, either your dealer or a Raymarine service centre should be able to check and confirm.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply