Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] Grayed Charts
05-25-18, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-18 10:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Grayed Charts
Why are parts of my Navionics charts on my Axiom 9 grayed out? As we headed north from Portland, Oregon to Alaska, I noted that our charts north of Nanaimo are gray. All of the detail seems to be there, but the charts are not as bright. Please see attached photos.

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-18, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-18 08:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Grayed Charts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum,

The light and shaded regions of the Navionics cartography which you have described and is intended to permit customers to visualize the geographic area for which Navionics SonarCharts have been added to the chart card. For those with a Navionics+ chart card, the boundaries of the geographic area are established by utilizing the box drawing feature of the Navionics Chart Installer application when installing Freshest Data updates to the chart card. Should a Navionics Platinum Plus chart card be used with the system, then light and shaded regions would indicate that the Freshest Data update was incomplete. In the case of the latter, it would be recommended that the Navionics Freshest Data Update (to include Nautical Charts and SonarCharts) be performed again using a computer. If using the Navionics Boating App, it is recommended that its chart synchronization feature be configured OFF, as it can cause the symptom described to occur if not permitted sufficient time to complete updating the chart card's data.
05-31-18, 08:16 PM
Bug RE: [CA11] Grayed Charts
Thank you for the detailed reply.
06-01-18, 07:34 AM
RE: [CA11] Grayed Charts
You're welcome.