Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] C80/ DSM-300 Software Update Issues
05-29-18, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-18 04:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C80/ DSM-300 Software Update Issues
C80 classic display with DSM-300, I was upgrading to V5.16 and everything was fine until I pressed reboot which resulted in the blue screen. I turned off the power, restarted and it turned on fine showing 5.16 version at startup. Will the upgrade work fine? It seemed to function fine on the trailer and I haven’t tried it on the water yet.

I tried to upgrade the software on the DSM 300 to 4.20. I tried to select bootloader 5.18 using the down arrow and got the blue screen again. Shut off, restarted and was able to use the up arrow to finally select bootloader, but it hung up at 50% and showed failed (exactly how the instructions stated in a note but didn't say that it would be fine or what to do). So I continued not knowing if the bootloader was installed and proceeded to install 4.20 where I would get the error message of failed to install. What should I try? Or just ignore the upgrade? (I’m using the installed cable for install unless I need another cable)

FYI, the compact flash card is 512 mb and I can archive and retrieve my waypoints fine.

Thanks…………Ryan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-18, 04:27 PM
RE: [CA11] C80/ DSM-300 Software Update Issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ryan,

Regarding the MFD, it is recommended that a Factory Reset operation be commanded to the MFD following the software update. Upon rebooting, the MFD should operate normally.

Regarding the DSM, Raymarine does not recommend updating the software within DSM30/300 sounder modules above v3.16. While C-Series Classic MFDs were designed to communicate with the DSMs via hsb2 communications, the software updates which followed v3.16 were all designed to address MFDs which were instead designed to communicate with DSMs via Ethernet communications.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply