Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Evolution - "No drive detected" "No pilot"
05-30-18, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-18 09:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Evolution - "No drive detected" "No pilot"
I have a three year old Evolution 200 system with ACU200/EV1/P70/Axioms running a Type 1 Linear Drive. I recently updated the Axiom software to get my Sirius up and running. I am getting intermittent "no drive detected" and "no pilot" errors, with alarms, and disengagement of the unit to hand steering.

I have checked all connections.

Of note....I do not see the pilot in the device listing, nor any other devices, on my Axiom data source screens. I am thinking this relates to the NG/ST1 converter I have on my network.

I have downloaded the software for the P70/EV1/ACU200 to my laptop. Is there a way I can isolate these components to the Axiom to perform an upgrade, and see it this fixes the problem? ( also have a spare ACU200 and EV1 on the boat as it is a double handed ocean racer that needs a functioning autopilot)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-18, 10:05 AM
RE: [CA11] Evolution - "No drive detected" "No pilot"
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Arrowhead,

It is recommended that the SeaTalkng backbone and power / ground circuits be inspected to ensure that:
- the power and ground circuit connections from the battery terminals, though battery switches and distribution panel, to marine electronics are all tight and free of corrosion;
- the backbone has been properly constructed and features only two SeaTalkng Termination plugs
- the backbone is being powered via a SeaTalkng Power Cable which has been connected to a switched 12VDC power circuit
- the spur socket used to power the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone is located at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load
- the SeaTalkng Power Switch of the ACU-200 has been configured to the OFF
- the SeaTalk bus (connecting any legacy SeaTalk devices) is exclusively powered by the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Coverter's SeaTalk socket.
- that all devices within the SeaTalkng backbone have been updated with the latest software. If seeking to break down the system to update the software within individual components, please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a simple backbone may be constructed. That said, it would typically only be necessary to disconnect all devices except for the MFD and the device to be updated from the backbone.
- the vessel has been connected to shore power, batteries permitted to achieve full charge, and that after doing so that the problem can be duplicated;
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply