Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Installing Two Remote Card Readers
06-01-18, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-18 08:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Installing Two Remote Card Readers
In order to run two charts are simultaneously, I plan to replace the RCR-SD/USB-Card Reader (A80440) that is connected to my Axiom 12 with an RCR-2 Remote Card Reader (A80218). I also have an Axiom 9 networked to the Axiom 12. The Axiom 12 is the data master. Will it be a good idea to connecting the RCR-SD/USB-Card Reader (A80440) to the Axiom 9 so that the Axiom 9 will be completely redundant if the need arises? Will the system recognize the third card slot that will be connected to the Axiom 9?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-18, 08:42 AM
RE: [CA11] Installing Two Remote Card Readers
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Argus,

It is indeed possible to use the RCR-SD/USB-Card Reader (A80440) and/or the RCR-2 Remote Card Reader (A80218) with Axiom/Axiom Pro MFDs. The remote card readers may be installed on any Axiom / Axiom Pro MFD within the system. The only caveat is that the MFD(s) having the remote card reader(s) housing the chart card(s) must be running in order for the system's other MFDs to be able to access cartography from the chart cards. There is no limit to the number of such readers within the system.
06-01-18, 08:51 PM
Thanks Chuck for your prompt response.
06-04-18, 08:08 AM
You're welcome.