Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upload Navionics Sonar Logs directly from Axiom Pro with wireless connection
06-03-18, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-18 03:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upload Navionics Sonar Logs directly from Axiom Pro with wireless connection
Is it possible for Raymarine to incorporate in future Lighthouse software update the capability to upload sonar logs directly from a Axiom Pro unit to Navionics via wireless connection? It is inconvenient to remove the Navionics card from the Axiom Pro unit, connect the card to a laptop, upload the sonar logs to Navionics, then return the card to the Axiom Pro unit.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-18, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-18 04:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Upload Navionics Sonar Logs directly from Axiom Pro with wireless connecti
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Karlista,

As indicated within the LightHouse 3.3 web pages, this feature was added as part of the larger Navionics Plotter Sync feature set introduced within the LightHouse 3 v3.3.170 software update. Should your MFD not presently be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update, then it is recommended that its software be updated accordingly.
06-04-18, 10:55 PM
RE: [CA11] Upload Navionics Sonar Logs directly from Axiom Pro with wireless connection
Chuck: I read chapter 16.1 and my takeaway is an android tablet running the mobile app is required. Maybe I didn't state my question correctly or I don't understand completely. I would like to see a Lighthouse software update that would allow download of the updated Navionics chart data and upload of my sonar logs without the use of a tablet or mobile app. For example, my marina has WiFi. If I would connect my Axiom Pro to the marina's WiFi, it would be nice to be able to upload and download data directly from the Axiom Pro unit without the need of a tablet or mobile app. Is this possible?

Thanks
06-05-18, 09:15 AM
RE: [CA11] Upload Navionics Sonar Logs directly from Axiom Pro with wireless connection
karlista,

The cartography updates and sonar log transfers which you have described may only be performed via the Navionics Boating app or through use of a computer running the Navionics Chart Installer application.
06-05-18, 11:35 AM
Got it. Thanks.
06-05-18, 01:49 PM
You're welcome.