Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV-1 Sensor ROT Data
06-06-18, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-18 02:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] EV-1 Sensor ROT Data
rsqunit,

I have verified the reported behavior within the Data Master MFD both a system running MFDs with LightHouse II v19.03 software as well as a system with MFDs running LightHouse 3 v3.4.66. The EV-1/EV-2 CCU transmit ROT data in units of degrees per second and is displayed as this on the i70/i70S instruments and p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS autopilot control heads. In contrast, LightHouse II v19.03 and LightHouse 3 v3.4.x software are both displaying ROT in units of degrees per minute. Our examination of the EV-1/EV-2 hardware verified that it was producing a static yaw rate of +/- 0.04 Degrees per second (2.4 degrees per minute (almost exactly the same as reported issue)). The problem here is the difference in displayed units by the Raymarine products rather than an issue with the EV-1/EV-2 ROT data. A static noise floor of 0.04 degrees / second is deemed reasonable for the types of rate sensing components components used within the EV-1 CCU.

A feature change request will be submitted to consider use of degrees per second units for roll, pitch, and yaw rate data items displayed within LightHouse 3 software. If using a third party monitoring application, you may want to determine whether the units used in displaying ROT data may be changed to degrees per second.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] EV-1 Sensor ROT Data - rsqunit - 06-04-18, 01:18 AM
RE: [CA11] EV-1 Sensor ROT Data - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-06-18 09:12 AM