Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SR6--no audio?
04-30-16, 08:23 PM
SR6--no audio?
Hello,

I have a SR6 onboard and eSeries MFD's......for the last couple of years, I have contacted Sirius and they set me up with the ESN for Mariner weather and audio subscription. Of course I had to port the SR6 to the aux in from the stereo headunit.

I phoned Sirius today to reactivate now that my boat is out of storage for the Winter...they told me now that the ESN I have is only good for weather. I tried several times to tell them that I had audio last year and the years before so I don't know what has changed.

I'm at wits end on this trying to figure out what to do...nothing changed for me....I cancelled in October 2015 and now want to reactivate everything as it was.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-16, 03:54 PM
RE: SR6--no audio?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Pdog1989,

Unlike the SR100 and SR50 Sirius Satellite Weather/Radio Receivers, the SR6 and SR150 feature a single ESN. Nothing has changed with respect to the capabilities of the SR6 and SR150 with their ability to be used for both Sirius Satellite Marine Weather and Sirius Satellite Radio subscriptions simultaneously. Should a Sirius/SiriusXM Satellite Weather / Radio Receiver not be used for an extended period of time, it is sometimes necessary to send it an activation signal. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Following activation, it should be possible to subscribe for both SiriusXM Marine Weather and Sirius Satellite Radio. Activation of such services should be performed while the equipment powered ON ... such activation cannot be performed while the equipment is OFF. Should the SiriusXM agent respond differently, then it is recommended that you request to be transferred to the agent's supervisor to resolve the issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply