The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] ST60 WIND INSTRUMENT FAULTS ON SAILBOAT
06-06-18, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-18 08:36 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] ST60 WIND INSTRUMENT FAULTS ON SAILBOAT
I recently had a new Raymarine anenometer and mast cable fitted by a Raymarine engineer in Turkey as previous readings were becoming unreliable. Since then the following faults are present, which the engineer, and another at a different location, have been unable to solve. (I’m not convinced either engineer fully understood apparent wind speed, one of them admitted as much).
When in Apparent wind mode the correct wind direction is displayed but the speed overestimated, by approximately 5kn. When in True wind mode the speed is even more overstated by maybe 8-10kn. The wind direction shown is the same as in Apparent mode.
I often use Wind Vane mode when sailing and the boat steers true to this. However the wind direction shown on the ST6002 Autopilot is approximately 170 degrees out, and the Autotack function won’t work.
The instruments are connected via a Smartpilot which was checked as functioning properly by the engineer.
I have recalibrated the compass and the wind speed readings.
Any ideas welcomed as to a solution to wind display issues!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] ST60 WIND INSTRUMENT FAULTS ON SAILBOAT - Skylark - 06-06-18 07:15 AM