Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] I'd like to view depth and COG together in one display
06-12-18, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-18 04:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] I'd like to view depth and COG together in one display
Welcome to Raymarine's Forum Gypsegym,

Within Raymarine's instrument product line, only the i70/i70S MFID has the ability to display both COG and depth. The pages of the i70/i70S may be edited or custom pages created both with regard to the number of data items display and with regard to which data items will be displayed. Should the T70278 version of the P79 be installed, then an iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter would not be required as would be the case with the E26001-pz version of the P79 transducer. While some Raymarine VHF radios feature an internal GPS receiver, these VHF radios may not be used to supply GPS data to the system to support having the i70/i70S MFID display COG. However, should a NMEA 2000 GPS sensor (ex. Raystar 150 GPS sensor, etc.) be interfaced to the system, then COG, SOG, lat/lon, and time may be displayed on the i70/i70S MFID. The other option is to install an Axiom 7 DV MFD with a CPT-S transducer. I believe that you will find the latter option (i70S, T70278, SeaTalkng Backbone Kit, Raystar 150) to cost less cost, be easier to install, yet offer a significantly greater set of feature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] I'd like to view depth and COG together in one display - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-12-18 03:54 PM