Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom IP Network Config
06-11-18, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-18 09:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom IP Network Config
I'm getting ready to install my new Axiom 12" MFD x 2 in my 48 Sundancer. On the boat I currently have an IP Camera and IP network that is using the preferred video IP server from Axis for connection to the Axiom. I will also be adding a new FLIR with IP video. I have it all working on my bench at home and I'm getting ready to take it to the boat. I have a few questions on the best way to connect to my current boat's network.

It looks like the Axiom is acting as a router. Here is what I have observed: I used the apps section to connect the Axiom 12 to my home's WiFi network. I was able to pull down three apps one of them was Netflix (very cool guys!!). I then plugged my PC into an available port on HS5 and it got an IP Address of 10.22.3.141 with a subnet of 255.224.0.0 with the default gateway 10.31.123.163 (the Axiom 12 IP Address). When I opened Firefox to do a google search much to my surprise it worked. So there is a router there. This also happened when I connected to the Axom MFD with my iPad but it was not on the 10.x.x.x network. My Ipad could get out to the Internet through the Axiom.

First question: Is there a way I can access the router / firewall settings of the Axiom?

Is it running a firewall? If so can I configure it somehow?

I also noticed I can connect to the Axiom with putty. Can I configure the device that way? I have read all the manuals including the advanced manual. Is there more detailed documentation on the network side?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-18, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-18 09:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom IP Network Config
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

Q1. Is there a way I can access the router / firewall settings of the Axiom?
A1. Negative. Raymarine does not support any such access / manipulation of networks settings of its MFDs.

Q2. Is it running a firewall? If so can I configure it somehow?
A2. Negative. The Raymarine equipment is designed to be operated within a closed Ethernet network of compatible Raymarine products, compatible FLIR products, and IP cameras, video encoders, and video decoders. To avoid potential bandwidth issues, it strongly recommended that other equipment be maintained on a separate network onboard the vessel.

Q3. I also noticed I can connect to the Axiom with putty. Can I configure the device that way? I have read all the manuals including the advanced manual. Is there more detailed documentation on the network side?
A3. Negative. Please see the response to Q1.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply