Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Displaying AIS data on MFD as well as an i70/i70S MFID
06-12-18, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-18 02:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Displaying AIS data on MFD as well as an i70/i70S MFID
Displaying AIS data on MFD as well as an i70/i70S MFID

NOTE: The information specified within this FAQ is not applicable A/C/E-Series Classic MFDs. However, like the MFDs which succeed them, the A/C/E-Series Classic MFD were not designed to bridge AIS data received via the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

As MFDs are not designed to bridge AIS data received via the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, it is generally considered to be a best installation practice to interface the AIS receiver / transceiver to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Doing so will permit the MFD and other devices (ex. i70/i70S MFIDs, ST70 MFIDs, third party products, etc.) which have also been interfaced to the backbone to have access to data from the AIS receiver/transceiver. Should the backbone require an additional spur socket to accommodate the NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how this may be accomplished.

Should the AIS receiver/transceiver not feature a SeaTalkng / NMEA 200 communications interface, then it would be necessary to install a NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device which support AIS data communications (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS, etc.) between the AIS receiver / transceiver's NMEA 0183 port / leads and a spur socket within the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the backbone require an additional spur socket to accommodate the NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device, then please see the FAQ referenced above.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed