Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New equipment information
07-05-18, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-18 08:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] New equipment information
Thanks chuck for the information and assistance it has been great.

First of all I am not great with the acronyms yet or the system functions.

I have purchased and received the Axiom Pro 9, RVX-100, Quantum 2 Doppler radar, P66 transducer and adapter cable.

Received most of the items and reading over the installation information.(except the P66 and adapter cable back ordered)
I am not sure if I am missing something:
The first document I opened is the Quantum 2 Doppler radar- supplementary information sheet (document number: 82390-1 Dated 04-2018 "Handbook errata".

It states that "Seatalking Bus (eg. 5-way connection or Backbone) and a Evolution EV-1/EV-2 are required for the Doppler and MARPA features to work and that the EV-1/EV-2 is the recommended data source for HDG/HDT.
It also states" use of the Doppler radar features requires the data sources to be available on your system (eg. connected to your multifunction display, via seatalking or nimea0183
No where that I can find on the web page or online? it would of been nice to know if true.

Can you please assist in making sense of this.

Q1. What is required to connect the Quantum 2 Doppler to the Axiom pro via WIFI for the Doppler and the MARPA work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] New equipment information - lwilson - 07-05-18 11:49 PM