Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New equipment information
06-29-18, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-18 12:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] New equipment information
Great information Again, Thank you.

If I am understanding correctly than the Quantum 2 Q24D comes with both wired and WI-FI and can be connected to the Axiom Pro using either method.

Which model is in comparison between these are Better between Quantum Q24W 18, Quantum 2 Q24D (Doppler) and RD418HD?

Lance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-18, 12:28 PM
Lance,

Q1. If I am understanding correctly than the Quantum 2 Q24D comes with both wired and WI-FI and can be connected to the Axiom Pro using either method.
A1. Correct.

Q2. Which model is in comparison between these are Better between Quantum Q24W 18, Quantum 2 Q24D (Doppler) and RD418HD?
A2. The answer is dependent upon the application and features sought. Between the Quantum and Quantum 2 radomes, the Quantum 2 Radome is the best choice with respect to features when used with an Axiom, Axiom Pro, or Axiom XL MFD. This would typically be the best choice for recreational boaters for whom the power (for punching through weather), ability to find birds, and 48 RPM features of a RD418HD or RD424HD radome are not required.
07-05-18, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-18 08:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks chuck for the information and assistance it has been great.

First of all I am not great with the acronyms yet or the system functions.

I have purchased and received the Axiom Pro 9, RVX-100, Quantum 2 Doppler radar, P66 transducer and adapter cable.

Received most of the items and reading over the installation information.(except the P66 and adapter cable back ordered)
I am not sure if I am missing something:
The first document I opened is the Quantum 2 Doppler radar- supplementary information sheet (document number: 82390-1 Dated 04-2018 "Handbook errata".

It states that "Seatalking Bus (eg. 5-way connection or Backbone) and a Evolution EV-1/EV-2 are required for the Doppler and MARPA features to work and that the EV-1/EV-2 is the recommended data source for HDG/HDT.
It also states" use of the Doppler radar features requires the data sources to be available on your system (eg. connected to your multifunction display, via seatalking or nimea0183
No where that I can find on the web page or online? it would of been nice to know if true.

Can you please assist in making sense of this.

Q1. What is required to connect the Quantum 2 Doppler to the Axiom pro via WIFI for the Doppler and the MARPA work?
07-06-18, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-18 08:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Lance,

Q1. What is required to connect the Quantum 2 Doppler to the Axiom pro via WIFI for the Doppler and the MARPA work?
A1. As has historically been the case for all Raymarine MFDs past and present. The MFDs are potentially capable of supporting a number of features if the system has been accessorized to satisfy the requirements of the feature desired. MARPA features require the MFD be interfaced to a compatible radome, be interfaced to a source of stabilized 10Hz heading data, and have acquired a GPS FIX either from the MFD's internal GPS receiver or from an external GPS source. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. While LH3 MFDs are capable of displaying the red/green colored radar targets within the Radar and Chart application when the vessel using COG and SOG data alone (vessel must be moving), the performance of this feature is maximized when the system has been interfaced to a source of heading data. Similarly, True Wind data items require the MFD be interface to sources of the data items specified within the FAQ found here. Another example is fishinding features, where the supported type of fishfinder imaging will be dependent upon the fishfinding circuitry built into the system's MFDs, model(s) of fishfinder sounder module(s) interfaced to the system, and model(s) of fishfinder transducer(s) which have been interfaced to the system.
07-06-18, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-18 11:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
Can the EV-1 connect directly to the Axiom pro or is the seatalking network switch required? Is so do you happen to know the parts numbers(EV-1/EV-2 and network switch) on which ones work properly with this unit.
07-06-18, 11:08 AM
Lance,

Q. Can the EV-1 connect directly to the Axiom pro or is the seatalking network switch required? Is so do you happen to know the parts numbers(EV-1/EV-2 and network switch) on which ones work properly with this unit.
A. Negative. The communications interface of the EV-1 CCU is designed to support SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications as is the Axiom/Axiom Pro MFD's NMEA 2000 interface. Such devices are each designed to be interfaced as a spur to the same powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
07-06-18, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-18 12:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

Q1. If I add a E70096 Evolution EV1 Sensor Core and T70134 SeaTalkng Starter Kit this would give me all the functions of the Quantum 2 Doppler?

Q2. If I have this figured correctly in future if I wanted to add engine communications to the Axiom Pro for a 2015 Yamaha F200 that has networking capabilities I would only have to add a EC-100 and connect to the T70134 SeaTalkng Starter Kit?

Lance
07-06-18, 12:44 PM
Lance,

Q1. If I add a E70096 Evolution EV1 Sensor Core and T70134 SeaTalkng Starter Kit this would give me all the functions of the Quantum 2 Doppler?
A1. You will additionally require an A06038 400mm or A06039 1m DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter to mate the MFD's DeviceNet (M) socket to a spur socket within the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.

Q2. If I have this figured correctly in future if I wanted to add engine communications to the Axiom Pro for a 2015 Yamaha F200 that has networking capabilities I would only have to add a EC-100 and connect to the T70134 SeaTalkng Starter Kit?
A. Yes. That said, as all spur sockets of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector will be occupied as a result of interfacing the EV-1 CCU to the MFD via the T70134 SeaTalkng Starter Kit, please click here to view a FAQ addressing how additional spur sockets may be added to the backbone.
07-06-18, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-18 06:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
great as usual.

Just so as I am not missing a system, function of the Components or method of connection and communicating, do you see or know of a better way to connect these systems (Axiom Pro, Quantum 2 Doppler WIFI, EV-1) to give me full use of there functions and the possibly of future engine connection other than what we have discussed by using the T70134 SeaTalkng Starter Kit?
EG. Different sensor(other than EV-1) and/or networking method possibilities?

Lance.
07-07-18, 06:15 AM
Lance,

I believe that the advice provided and actions which you have indicated you will be following should create a system which you may easily build upon.