Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[DG] [DG11] Sailing tools on Axiom
06-18-18, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-18 10:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Sailing tools on Axiom
Ahoy, Raymarine team.

this winter we upgraded to Axiom, because of the promised sailing tools. and we are very happy with the cruising capabilities. However some more advanced regatta tools hav also been promoset in the spring updatea of the Lighthouse 3 SW and untill now they have not appeared.
I am taling about laylines, vpp of your boat, and easy entry of race courses. Any idea when they will be delivered?

Also a vpp based planner of routes including wind, currents would be intesting. I’ve had these on my previous WIN Gps pc softwareforcyears and miss similar funcyionality in Lighthouse.

Best regards,
Cees
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-18, 07:50 AM
RE: [DG11] Sailing tools on Axiom
Dear Slartibartfast

The development of the sailing features has been delayed by other new features being added into the AXIOM units and so the introduction of the sailing race features is unlikely before Q4 2018.

Their introduction is however dependant on the development of the AXIOM Software and so is liable to change based on company priorities and resources
Regards
Derek
08-30-18, 08:51 AM
Hi Derek,

Thanks for your answer. A bit of a disappointment though.

The features i ask for are really important navigation tools for regatta sailors and off shore trip planning with sailing yachts. Your competitor B&G already has had them for years! Raymarine is not at a par, but without these features not even close!

In the 2017 development road map (when I chose for Axiom and not B&G based on the development roodmap and past good experiences with Raymarine) these features were already "promised" for the 2017 autumn release.

In the mean, time I see al these fancy things like UAV content and lightswitch apps being released. And a lot of stuff for motorboaters and fishermen.

It seems to me that Raymarine's commitment towards the development for the sailing community is gone missing somewhere.

Hope this really changes in the near future!

Hope to hear from you guys soon!
08-30-18, 10:06 AM
Hi
We understand your feedback and have forwarded it to our product management team for their review.

As soon as we are made aware the advanced sail features will be released we will promote this to our customers as quickly as possible.
regards
Derek
09-11-18, 04:16 AM
Hi Derek,

I'd also like to add to the voice of sailors screaming out for these features to be implemented as soon as possible. I'm currently on the market to get a boatload of new electronics but I don't want to go buying the gear until the features I need are implemented. I saw on another Raymarine forum post on these features (that have been promised for over a year now) that they were saying it might even be Spring 2019 before they come out?!

Are these features going to include a sailing time to waypoint based on tacks/laylines?

I'm also curious about whether it's possible to add mast rotation into a SeatalkNG and axiom system without having to get a T221 sensor, microtalk gateway and remote. It seems like a lot of extra equipment to get for one (albeit crucial) of data. Is it possible to re-purpose a rudder sensor or something along those lines and have the system understand it is mast rotation?

Cheers
09-12-18, 10:04 AM
Hi samurye

I am afraid that the sailing features have been delayed by work on other features within the products, I can assure you that we plan to to reintroduce the sailing features that were in LHII into LHIII, but the actual date of introduction is still not confirmed until the developed software is fully tested and revised for launch.

We will check the specific feature you have referred to will be included.

At this time we are not aware of any changes to be made to the Mast rotation transducer which will mean that it can be used in an STng system without the puck gateway and remote.

regards
Derek
10-27-18, 01:34 PM
Please add me to the list also of users eagerly awaiting the addition of the sailing features. I also purchased an Axiom Pro earlier this year. At the time was comparing B&G Zeus and the Axiom Pro. Went with the Pro 9 because the hardware quality - but also was expecting Raymarine to add the sailing features to LH3 in the Fall as was announced - especially since they are presently in the LH2 software. I also have been waiting for these features to be released and watching other insignificant, flashy, somewhat trivial features to be added instead. I'm also not implementing any other components - wind, speed, depth, radar - until I'm sure the sailing features will actually be implemented.

Please communicate the desire for the advanced sailing features to be focused on and added as soon as possible.

Thanks!
gtr
10-29-18, 09:12 AM
Hi gtr

Thank you for the feedback, we will certainly add the feedback to our engineering team, as soon as the features are available we will make sure that all our customers are made aware. Also if you have subscribed to emails when registering, then you will also automatically be notified.

Kind regards
Derek
11-12-18, 09:19 AM
Hi Derek,

Any news yet from your development guys? Could they provide us with a planned delivery-date, or at least a roadmap that is more solid than the rather vague statements they have made until now?

At this moment I can oncly conclude than that Raymarine is distancing itself from the sailing community. If that's your strategy, no problem but at least be upfront about it, stop luring us and offer some kind of compensation. I'm already waiting for over a year for these features that were promised to be delivered last winter already. And still nothing marginally concrete is at the horizon!

Best Regards,
Cees
11-19-18, 10:57 AM
HI Slartibartfast

The sailing features are important to Raymarine and there is every intention of including them before next season starts. At this time the GPM (Global Product Manager) is advising us that the Sailing features will be launched at the end of Q1 2019.

We will update as we get closer to launch
Regards
Derek