Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Wind sensor shows impossibly high speed on occasion
06-18-18, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-18 02:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Wind sensor shows impossibly high speed on occasion
When I bought my boat a year ago the wind sensor transducer was damaged during delivery. A few months ago I finally replaced had it replaced and for the most part it works great. However, on occasion and usually when the winds are above about 15 knots or so, the speed being shown will seem to be a multiple of what it really is. Even adjusting for wind speed being higher at the top of the mast than at sea level. Under conditions where the speed would show 20 knots, at some point it will start showing 40 or 60 (I've even seen it show wind speeds over 100 knots). After the wind calms down for a bit the display will go back to reporting the correct speed. I have done the calibration where you drive slowly in a circle but that didn't seem to fix it. Any ideas? It's not the end of the world but very curious if other have had the same issue.

Many thanks
Rich
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-18, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-18 02:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Wind sensor shows impossibly high speed on occasion
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rich,

Which model of wind transducer is installed onboard the vessel? Is it interfaced to a wind instrument or to an iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter?
09-25-18, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-18 04:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck
Sorry for the delay here.
I called up the diagnostics screen, here is what it says:
ST70 Wind Pod
Serial 0220079
Software: Application version 5.02
Networks: STng CAN Address 102

Hope that answers it. Thanks.
09-27-18, 08:08 AM
Rdubs,

It is recommended that the masthead transducer be tested. Should the testing results be consistent with the expected values specified within the FAQ, then the ST70 Wind Pod should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced or replace with an iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter.