Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] What DSM do I need?
06-18-18, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-18 07:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] What DSM do I need?
Just bought new boat and looks like transducer was never hooked up. Not sure what DSM is compatible?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-18, 07:57 AM
RE: [CA11] What DSM do I need?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Adrobet,

Raymarine fishfinding products are designed to support use with compatible Raymarine fishfinding transducers and a limited set of Airmar fishfinding transducers.
Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how one may positively identify the make/model of transducer which is installed onboard the vessel. Should the transducer's tag identify it as being of Raymarine or Airmar origin, then please attach a photo(s) of the transducer's identification tag which clearly show the information which is printed on the transducer's identification tag. Please additionally identify the model of Multifunction Display (MFD) is or will be installed on the vessel?
07-23-18, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 07:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have a c120 and a transom mount transducer. The numbers on the tag at the end read 18-481-01 rev O2 03-06
07-24-18, 07:45 AM
Adrobet,

Please note that the numbers provided are not those of any Raymarine or Airmar transducer which we are aware of. Please attach a photo of the transducer's tag which clearly shows all information which is printed on that tag.
07-24-18, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-18 08:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Attachment
07-24-18, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-18 08:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Attachment
07-25-18, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-18 08:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Adrobet,

The transducer appears to be a variant of the Airmar's P66 depth/speed/temp transducer. The tag which you have photographed is not the transducer's identification tag. Airmar attaches a white transducer tag to the plug end of the transducer. Like other Airmar transducers, the P66 was produced in a number of manufacturer specific variants designed to meet design criteria of corresponding fishfinder manufactures and models of fishfinders. The P66 is even produced in a version which is designed to support use with depth/speed/temperature instruments. Unfortunately, should you be unable to locate the aforementioned white tag, or should it have it been removed, then I would be unable to identify whether the transducer would be compatible with a DSM250, DSM30, or DSM300 ... the fishfinder sounder modules designed for use with C-Series Classic MFDs. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to add fishfinder features to a C-Series Classic MFD.
07-26-18, 07:57 AM
Finally found it! It is airmar p66. Is there a DSM compatible with that?
07-26-18, 08:00 AM
Adrobet,

Please refer to my prior response regarding variants of the P66 transducer. In order for me to positively identify which version of the P66 you own, I will need to have you attach a photo of the transducer's white identification tag to a response. Please ensure that the photo clearly shows all printed information on this tag.
07-26-18, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-18 07:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I give up. probably severely outdated and would need to work with discontinued parts to get it working. moving on does raymarine have any affordable in hull transducers that work in large hulls like the seaswirl striper 3301? that way i could just buy a separate fishfinder unit and i would like to avoid drilling more into the transom.