Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] DEADRISE COMPENSATION ANGLE
06-18-18, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-18 05:59 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] DEADRISE COMPENSATION ANGLE
Newbie to this, so asking a newbie question: is deadrise angle the angle of the hull surface (that the through hull transducer mounts to on the outside to the boat) to the waterline (horizontal)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-18, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-18 06:04 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG] DEADRISE COMPENSATION ANGLE
HI COCOLOCO

Yes, you are correct, Deadrise angle is the angle of the underwater hull, measured athwartships, ( across the boat) from the keel and is measured from the horizontal.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1972]

regards
Derek

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-20-18, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-18 06:23 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK, 2 follow up questions: since I have a v-hull (94 Scarab) and am planning to install an Axiom Pro 9RVX w/NAV, Real vision 3d and 1KW sonar, I presume I will need 2 transducers (of whatever the correct deadrise angle is) one for each side? Also I presume that the unit will handle the 2 transducers?
06-21-18, 06:26 AM
Hi COCOLOCO

Thanks for the feedback,

Yes, you are absolutely correct, you will need twin transducers, mounted symmetrically either side of the keel, these connect through an adapter cable supplied with them

Thanks
Derek