Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 to Seatalkng
06-20-18, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-18 03:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9 to Seatalkng
I'm installing a Seatalkng starter kit for my network. Just received the starter kit and it has a power cable and a stub cable. The stub cable has white ends with a female connector at both ends. The cable coming from the Axiom 9 comes out of the same connector as the power cord. Do I need an interface cable between the Hub and this cable coming out of the Axiom 9 as I believe the cable coming out o the Axiom 9 is also a female terminated cable (not sure as I am not at the boat as I write this) or should I be connecting the white stub cable to another port on the Axiom 9?

Thanks for your Help.

Sal Guttilla
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-18, 03:50 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 to Seatalkng
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sal,

Q1. I'm installing a Seatalkng starter kit for my network. Just received the starter kit and it has a power cable and a stub cable. The stub cable has white ends with a female connector at both ends. The cable coming from the Axiom 9 comes out of the same connector as the power cord. Do I need an interface cable between the Hub and this cable coming out of the Axiom 9 as I believe the cable coming out o the Axiom 9 is also a female terminated cable (not sure as I am not at the boat as I write this) or should I be connecting the white stub cable to another port on the Axiom 9?
A1. The SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications interface is terminated with the 5-pin DeviceNet (M) plug which you have referenced. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how this plug may be connected to a spur socket within a NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components. I would typically recommend that a A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) Adapter Cable be used for this purpose.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply