Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e7 SW update failed
04-12-16, 06:57 PM
e7 SW update failed
Downloaded SW update for e7 chart plotter. All "writes" are reported as successful, however SW load process restarts at beginning to reload all files. Have to switch unit off to stop process. When power applied, Device now remains at start screen. No menu control. I have reloaded SW several times with same result.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-16, 12:05 PM
RE: e7 SW update failed
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Whittem,

What approximate version of software was installed within the MFD's memory prior to the software update attempt?
04-17-16, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-16 11:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I believe Dec 2014 was when I last updated chart plotter SW.
04-18-16, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-16 03:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Whittem,

It is recommended that a Factory Reset operation may be attempted to restore operation. Should the problem persist thereafter and should you not already have already done so, then it is recommended that the microSD memory card's contents be deleted, that the R16 software update be downloaded again from Raymarine's web site, its files extracted into the root level directory of the microSD memory card, and that the software update be forced into the MFD's memory by inserting the software update microSD memory card into the MFD's memory card reader and then powering up the MFD. Should the problem persist thereafter, then the MFD will need to be serviced by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.
04-20-16, 08:35 PM
Should I try SD card rewrite first or factory reset first?
04-21-16, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-16 03:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Whittem,

I would recommend trying the Factory Reset prior to performing the software update. .
04-22-16, 09:31 AM
Should I update all files or only load the files included in update?

I have been using same SD Card and loading new update files to over-write the older file versions. So when I boot at power on, MD Display is loading all the RayAtom.upgrade, Raykeypad.upgrade, Raysonar.upgrade files (eg Rayatom.upgrade.00.sh -- .21.sh)
04-22-16, 03:09 PM
Whittem,

Should the problem persist following the Factory Reset Operation, then it is recommended that the microSD memory card's contents be deleted, that the R16 software update be downloaded again from Raymarine's web site, its all of its files extracted into the root level directory of the microSD memory card, and that the software update be forced into the MFD's memory by inserting the software update microSD memory card into the MFD's memory card reader and then powering up the MFD. Should the problem persist thereafter, then the MFD will need to be serviced by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.
04-30-16, 01:07 PM
Tried factory reset and then new SW load. No luck. Unit worked until I tried SW load.
Where do I return unit for fix? Do I need a RMA number?
05-02-16, 10:21 AM
Whittem,

It is recommended that a Factory Reset operation may be attempted to restore operation ... no software update should be performed again afterwards. Should the MFD not be operational thereafter and its Limitations of Use dialog not indicate that v16.49 software has been installed within the MFD, then it is recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center per the information found [url=http://www.raymarine.com/display/?id=779]here/url]. No RMA is needed or issued for repairs.