Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 won’t turn on
06-21-18, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 12 won’t turn on
My Axiom 12 won’t turn on from the swipe switch. It has power to the unit the switch shows green for about 2 seconds, then turns a light red color. I’ve tried swiping very lightly I’ve tried swiping harder and everything in between? I've tried turning the battery switch on and off 10-15 times. I’ve tried disconnecting the power from the back of the unit 5 times no luck.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-18, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 won’t turn on
TABULARASA,

Power swipe issues may be indicative any of the following:

- interference from shore power or a power inverter ... disconnect the vessel from shore power and switch of the vessel's power inverter (if installed)

- use of excessive force applied when front mounting the MFD ... the MFD's mounting hardware needed only be snug ... loosen and re-secure. Please note that excessive tightening may have damaged the MFD necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

- early version of software within the MFD's memory ... attempt a power-up software update using the latest available Raymarine product software update (v3.5.40 at the time of this response)

- failure of the MFD's hardware ... should addressing the above listed items not resolve the problem, then the MFD would unfortunately be deemed to have suffered an internal circuitry failure necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
06-24-19, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Please add:
- Presence of a microsd card greater than 32GB, not supported or not readable
06-24-19, 10:54 AM
Alan,

Q. Please add:Presence of a microsd card greater than 32GB, not supported or not readable.
A. Please note the Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs are indeed compatible with microSD memory cards having capacities of 32GB and greater. However, we have recently determined that there is a defect in being able to detect microSD memory cards which have been formatted with an exFAT file system. The workaround is to reformat the microSD memory card with a NTFS file system or FAT32 file system (the latter is only for microSD memory cards having a capacity of 32GB or less).
06-24-19, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
Thanks for the information. My sd card was indeed formatted as exFAT (which is the default). I will test NTFS. Still, the MFD does not boot (At least my version with the slider) if the sd card (mine was in the extended reader, if that makes a difference) is not readable.
06-24-19, 12:13 PM
RE: [C11] Axiom 12 won’t turn on
Alan,

Raymarine has also receive some reports of MFDs being unable to install from the attached remote card reader ... this issue is currently under investigation. I would recommend reformatting to NTFS, re-populating the microSD card with the software update files, and then attempt to perform the update via the remote card reader. Should the MFD's software not update, then it would be recommended that you gain access to the back side of the MFD, insert the microSD card into the MFD's memory card reader, and then attempt the update. Should the problem with the MFD's memory card reader persist or the update be unable to be performed, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
06-24-19, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 03:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [C11] Axiom 12 won’t turn on
Chuck,
Actually in my case, the MFD would not turn on at all.
I took another (32GB) sd card, copied the update on it, and the MFD booted up and updated properly.
06-24-19, 03:12 PM
Alan,

Is the MFD now operating properly and responding to its Power Swipe?
06-24-19, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 04:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes, it is. Thanks
06-24-19, 04:02 PM
You're welcome.