Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] New Equipment information
06-22-18, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 03:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] New Equipment information
I am thinking of upgrading to the following.

AXIOM PRO 9 RVX w/NAG - Axiom Pro 9" MFD with RealVision 3D and 1kW CHIRP and Navionics NAV+ North America Chart.
RV-100 ALL IN ONE TRANSOM MOUNT TRANSDUCER
18” QUANTUM RADAR WIFI

Q1. Do these require any other cables or networking other than what they are shipped with to all be connected and work together? Or is it plug and Play?

Q2. Does RV-100 show water speed? In not what transom transducer and cables would be required to hook up to the Axiom Pro RVX

Q3. Is the Sonar frequency adjustable on these unit or is another transducer needed to be added? In not what transom transducer and cables would be required to hook up to the Axiom Pro RVX.

Thank you for the help,
Lance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-18, 03:22 PM
RE: New Equipment information
Hello Lance,

Assuming:
- you'll be connecting the Quantum over Wifi rather than wired, or buy the Quantum part with network cable supplied (T70243)
- you don't need an extension beyond the supplied 8m RV100 transducer cable (extensions are listed on the Accessories tab at http://www.raymarine.com.au/transducers/realvision/)
then no further cables are required for those products.

No, RV100 doesn't get speed-through-water. You'd need a separate transducer connected to the 1kW port on the Axiom Pro RVX. This could be a through-hull ST800/P120 type if you can fit it ([part E66071, http://www.raymarine.com.au/view/?id=12410) or a transom-mount P58 depth-speed-temp transducer (E66054). I'd recommend the latter because the price is fairly similar, you'd get a bonus 600W 50/200kHz fishfinder channel and you wouldn't have an unused connector on a speed/depth Y-cable (supplied with E66071) that would need to be covered/protected from corrosion.

The frequencies of all channels of the RV-class sounders are Chirp, so don't transmit on a single frequency. As such, they're not adjustable. What's the reason for wanting to adjust frequency?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
06-27-18, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-18 08:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] New Equipment information
Tom,

Thanks for the information. I have been told that there is time that the 50/200HZ or 83/200HZ can give a bit clear sonar?
So if true I want to get the right ones and all together at same time.
I am thinking of going with E66054 P66 and would then be adapted to be mated to the MFD's 1kW Transducer socket by using the A80496 Transducer Adapter Cable. Should work?
Is there any 50/83/200Hz sonar transducers with water speed, temperature and depth that will work with the Axiom Pro RVX?
07-08-18, 07:52 PM
RE: [TG11] New Equipment information
Hello lwilson,

Generally speaking, a Chirp sounder will give clearer results than non-chirp, but there are some targets which reflect (show up) better at some frequencies than others. The P66 is non-chirp, 50/200kHz. It will give a bit better performance in deeper water than the RV transducers (higher power) but at the expense of resolution and clarity (non-chirp.) The only 83kHz (non-chirp) transducers that we're compatible with are those built into Minn-Kota trolling motors, but the Axiom Pro's 1kW port can ping Airmar Chirp transducers at the Medium band which is approximately 80-130kHz (transducer-dependent.) Personally, I would always recommend chirp over non-chirp, but there's no chirp depth-speed-temperature transducer.

If P66 is the transducer you want, you can indeed connect E66054 to Axiom Pro via A80496.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.