Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] what sonar mod do I need?
06-23-18, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-18 03:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] what sonar mod do I need?
I have a customer who bought a used system and asked me to install it for him, installed a used c80 and a new p97 transducer but I think he has the wrong sonar module, he got a 250dsm with the 3 pin talk cable but it wont match up with the c80 or transducer, what do I need to get this working??? , also need a gps antenna, he gas a garmin on the boat and thought it would work with the ray marine unit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-18, 04:51 PM
RE: [CA11] what sonar mod do I need?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum gabilgerat,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how fishfinder features may be added to a C-Series Classic MFD.

Please note that Raymarine has produced no transducer having the product name p97 and that I suspect that the transducer may actually be a P79 transducer. The P79 Transducer is the name applied to a family of transducers manufactured by Airmar, Inc. for Raymarine and other marine electronics manufacturers. This transducer is manufactured in a number of variations based upon the manufacturer and model of fishfinder or instrument which the transducer will be interfaced to. If seeking a P79 Fishfinder Transducer for a DSM250, DSM30, or DSM300, then the E66008 Raymarine P79 In-Hull Fishfinder Transducer would be recommended.

Should the third party GPS antenna which you are referenced actually be a GPS sensor supporting 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications, then it may be possible to interface the GPS sensor to a DC power source and then interface its NMEA 0183 output leads to the R08004 5-Way NMEA 0183 Cable originally packaged with the C-Series Classic MFD. If not, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a Raymarine Raystar 150 GPS Sensor may be interfaced to a C-Series Classic MFD.
06-26-18, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 09:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thanks, the transducer is a p79 , part# A80170, he was told by someone at ray marine technical support that it was what he needed , unfortunally after installation we discovered it will not plug into the dsm250
06-27-18, 09:08 AM
gabilgerat,

It is recommended that the P79 transducer which you have purchased be returned and that the version of the P79 transducer specified within my prior response be purchased for use with a DSM250.
06-28-18, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-18 08:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, unfortunately the detailer he hired to clean the boat thru the box and paperwork away .
I also need to know what communication /talk cable to get for the DSM250 to the c80, I have a 3pin interconnect cable E65009 and the 250 has a flat 3 pin connector wire plugged into the unit , it has open ended wires on the end , these were giving to him by the seller
06-28-18, 09:03 AM
gabilgerat,

Please refer to the FAQ which I referenced within my initial response to this thread. As indicated within that FAQ, you will need to purchase / order an appropriate length of hsb cable (features a triangular shaped 3-pin plug on each end) from an authorized Raymarine dealer. This cable will be used in conjunction with the 4-Pin to 3-Pin Adapter which you have referenced.
07-06-18, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-18 06:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thanks Chuck, I now have the appropriate transducer and cords.
07-07-18, 06:00 AM
You're welcome.