Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] NO GPS Fix after factory reset of C-80
06-17-18, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-18 03:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] NO GPS Fix after factory reset of C-80
My C-80 was rebooting every for or 5 minutes to the map screen that I was using. GPS and radar function was working fine. After searching this website I carried out a factory reset according to instructions. I now have solved the rebooting issue however the C-80 does not seem to see the RS-120 GPS antenna. From what I can see there are no user set parameters that should have changed during the factory reset for the GPS function. IS this correct? Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Glenn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-18, 03:50 PM
RE: [CA11] NO GPS Fix after factory reset of C-80
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Glenn,

The Raystar 120 GPS Sensor was produced in both NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk versions. Which one of the models was installed onboard the vessel?
06-23-18, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-18 08:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I believe it is SeaTalk. How can I determine for sure?
06-25-18, 08:48 AM
Glenn,

When manufactured, a vinyl medallion was affixed to the upper shell of the Raystar 120 GPS Sensor identifying which of two communication protocols (SeaTalk or NMEA 0183) it supported. Should this medallion have fallen off, then providing the sensor's product ID / serial number information (label affixed to the underside of the sensor), then we would be able to determine which model of the Raystar 120 you own.
06-25-18, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-18 12:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you, It is in fact SeaTalk
06-25-18, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-18 01:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Glenn,

Please note that neither performing a factory reset to a C-Series Classic MFD nor updating the MFD's software would have had any impact on the performance of the GPS sensor. While incorrect configuration of the NMEA 0183 port settings may interfere with the ability of the MFD to receive GPS data from a NMEA 0183 source, there are no configuration settings which control a C-Series Classic MFD's SeaTalk communications.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to troubleshoot problems with your Raystar 120 GPS sensor.