Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 Problem Selecting Boat Position on Chart
06-29-18, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-18 05:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9 Problem Selecting Boat Position on Chart
I like running my chart North Up with the boat positioned on the chart at about the 1/3rd point. No matter what I select as far as chart position (North Up/Heads Up/Course Up), the Boat Position Indicator always shows Center and is not highlighted so it cannot be selected to change it from Centered to the other choices. For safety reasons, I have only tried changing the boat position on the Chart while sitting at the dock. Must the boat be moving in order to change the position from the Center, or is there something wrong with the unit? I'm using Navionics Charts.

Thanks

Sal Guttilla
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-18, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-18 05:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 Problem Selecting Boat Position on Chart
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sal,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, should the system not feature a source of heading data, then configuration chart orientation and offset will not be possible, as the system would not have valid COG to orient or offset when the vessel is stationary.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply