Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Lighthouse Charts - Lost for words
06-02-18, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-18 03:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Lighthouse Charts - Lost for words
I purchased a few weeks ago NV Digital Charts for Croatia via the Raymarine Chartstore at a premium over that charged directly by NV.

What do I get for that extra cost - no backup or recovery solution it seems. The original SD card I used has failed and I cannot re-download via the Lighthouse Manager to install to a new SD Card. SD cards are a notoriusly short life product - that is why we still use full function hard disks in computers. They are corrupted easily, have Finite Read/Write Cycles and are based on flash memory. They are not a suitable medium for Primary Data Storage. Encryption yes, but your deplolyment that does not provide for any recovery is, to be blunt, amateurish.

If every time an encrypted data device falied you had to start from scratch we would have no IT. You need to at least build in backup and recovery into the Lighthouse Manager so you can retain the comfort you think you get from encryption. You need more mature IT industry encyrption solution.

So am I faced with having to repurchase before I have even used the charts? Looking at other posts on this topic you seem to just repeat the mantra that you should have read the small print. I suggest that you have not provided a product that is fit for purpose.

As you can tell I am very dissapointed.

What are my options please?

Regards,
Ian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-18, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-18 03:02 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] Lighthouse Charts - Lost for words
Hi searat11

We are sorry to hear of the problem that you have experienced, please can you use the Contact Us link on the chart store. Please repeat the issue in the report section. They (JOCanada in Toronto) will be able to reactivate a new copy on his Lighthouse Manager account for you to download.

Please click link here

kind regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply