Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 with Navionics Freezing on Bootup
07-02-18, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 08:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 12 with Navionics Freezing on Bootup
I have a Axiom 12 and Axiom 7 networked together with the Axiom 12 as the DataMaster. When I leave the boat, I turn off both Axiom using the button on the screens and then I turn the master battery switch off on the boat. When I turn the Axioms back on, with the Navionics chart card in the remote card reader slot, the Axiom 12 will power up but when I select chart, it freezes, shows a blank screen and will not respond to screen touches; bootup sequence continues to cycle and I cannot turn it off. However, the Axiom 7 is displaying the Navionics chart that is in Axiom 12 remote card reader. I have to remove the Navionics chart card from the Axiom 12 remote card reader card reader, wait until it completes new bootup, wait a few minutes and then put the Navionics chart card back inAxiom 12 remote card reader - then all works.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-18, 08:55 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 with Navionics Freezing on Bootup
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Argus,

Please excuse this late response as your thread got buried within the stack. LightHouse software versions prior to LH3 v3.5.40 featured a number of Navionics related cartography issues. LH3 v3.5.40 address all which we are presently aware of which would cause such symptoms. Should you not have already done so, it is recommended that the software within these MFDs be updated to LightHouse 3 v3.5.40 or later, that a waypoint/route/track data be backed up to a microSD card, that a Factory Reset be commanded via each MFD's user interface, and that the system be operated with only one of any one type of chart card (i.e. it is permissible to have up to three chart cards (one Navionics chart card, one LightHouse chart card, and one C-Map chart card) in the system but it is not permissible to have more than one chart card of any one type within the system.

Please additionally be aware that as the MFDs feature a last power state memory feature, should the MFDs be left in the ON state when the circuit supplying them with power is switched OFF, then the MFDs will return to the ON state when the circuit supplying them with power is switched ON.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply