Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Powering up a Seatalk to seatalkng convertor
07-02-18, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-18 10:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Powering up a Seatalk to seatalkng convertor
I am installing a new GPS receiver with Seatalkng I have a Classic E120 I plan on power the Seatalk convertor with the S1 course computer I have attached a diagram will this set up work

Thank you,
Brian Bunk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-18, 10:31 AM
RE: [CA11] Powering up a Seatalk to seatalkng convertor
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brian,

While it is technically possible for the autopilot course computer to back feed power into the SeaTalkng backbone via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, this is not considered to be a best practice. It is considered to be a best installation practice to power the backbone from a switched 12V circuit via a spur socket located at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load. Should a system feature a SeaTalk bus, then it should be disconnected from its present power source. The SeaTalk bus will instead be powered from the SeaTalkng backbone via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Please additionally ensure that the MFD has been updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply