Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Unable to see waypoints
09-19-19, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-19 11:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Unable to see waypoints
My setup is on a bass boat. I have a Axiom 9 and es98 at the console. On the bow I have an es128. The Axiom is set up as the master and both es units are updated to LH3. The units are connected via a Seatalk Network switch.

When I create a WP on any of the units. I can only see it on the Axiom 9 regardless of which unit created it. What am I doing wrong?

Side note question; please tell me you will be adding a blackbox for the hv-100 technology.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-19, 12:05 PM
RE: [CA11] Unable to see waypoints
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Paul,

I have been unable to duplicate the reported issue within my system. When viewing the Chart application on each MFD, regardless of which MFD is used to create the waypoint (via touching the screen at the desired location), the waypoint appears on the other MFD's screen as well. Which version of LightHouse 3 software has been installed within the MFDs? When the command sequence HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK is commanded on either MFD, how many MFDs are listed within the Network tab?
09-19-19, 01:02 PM
I am currently running 3.9.46 on all units. I attempted to update to the current version last night via wifi. However I kept getting an error after a few minute of the download that, the server was unavailable. I have downloaded them today and will try tonight via a card.

So the other thing that is odd, when looking at the units on the network. The es98 and es128 will show all three units on the network. The Axiom however will not show the other two units.

I backed up all my data last night and attempted a factory reset on the Axiom. The reset took but when I went in to create a wp, I had the same issue. All units can create a WP, but it will only show on the Axiom.
09-19-19, 01:43 PM
Paul,

I would recommend proceeding with the software update to all MFDs. It would then be recommended that a Power On ResetPower On Reset be commanded on each MFD. Should each MFD not list the other MFDs thereafter, then it would be recommended that the RayNet Network Switch be examined to determine whether the status LEDs its ports which have been connected to the MFDs are all illuminated, green, and flashing rapidly. Should any the status LEDs its ports which have been connected to the MFDs not be as specified, then the Ethernet network (RayNet) cable linking the MFD to the port which is not as specified should be inspected for damage, kinking, excessively small radius bends, or splices.