Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Transducer Replacement
07-24-18, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 12:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Transducer Replacement
Q1. Performance - does depth reading performance (depth only, no fishfinder) differ between the SMART DST800 and the traditional D800?
A1. While anecdotal, the feedback which we have received is that dedicated instrument depth transducers provide greater performance, possibly due to the physical attribute of not having only half of the depth transducer surface area found in a dedicated thru-hull instrument depth transducer.

Q2. SMART DST800 - what is the cable length? Cannot seem to find that in any of the specifications.
A2. The SMART DST800's cable length is 6m.

Q3. If I keep the current analog speed/temp as a backup and install a SMART DST800, I would like to verify that I can keep both hooked up and select the data source through the I70 or e125.
A3. It is indeed possible to select between speed from an iTC-5 and from a SMART DST800. I would generally recommend that Data Source selection be executed from the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Transducer Replacement - lwitty - 07-08-18, 01:14 PM
RE: [CA11] Transducer Replacement - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-24-18 12:51 PM