Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CP100 No Network Error
04-15-16, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-16 10:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
CP100 No Network Error
Hi. I just upgraded all my electronics and can't get the sounder to work. I have a C97, CP100, and CPT-100. I installed the latest software and did a hard reset. In the C97 diagnostics screen, I can see the CP100. But when I try to select a transducer from the fish finder screen, no transducer is found. Also, the led indicator on the CP100 has an amber 2 blink sequence, which from the manual means no network is found. I switched out the Raynet cable and get the same results. Everything else on the c97 seems to be working.

A side note, before I updated the software, the CP100 was not detected in the diagnostics screen.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-16, 10:51 AM
RE: CP100 No Network Error
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dsteiger,

We're sorry to learn of the reported issue with your system.

Note: transducer selection is neither necessary nor supported with a CP100, as the CP100 is compatible with a set of transducers having identical performance. One need simply use the command sequence MENU->CHANNEL->CP100->SONAR/DOWNVISION to select the type of fishfinder imaging support by the CP100 to be viewed.

The CP100's Network (Ethernet) socket should be mated to one of the c97 MFD's Network sockets via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Alternatively, both of these items may have been interfaced to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via appropriate lengths of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Should a HS5 RayNet Network Switch have been installed onboard, then please verify that has been connected to a 12 or 24V power circuit which has been energized. If so, then it it recommended that the RayNet cables be inspected to ensure that the have not been damaged, modified, or have been subjected to a bend radius of less than 3". Subjecting a RayNet cable to a bend of lower radius may permanently damage the RayNet cable(s).

Should the equipment have been installed in the manner specified above, then it would be recommended that the MFD's Network sockets be both tested with another compatible device (ex. radome or open array pedestal, SR150, another a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, etc. should one be available. Should the MFD's Network sockets both be found to be operational, then the CP100 should be replaced by the dealer (if purchased less than 30 day prior) or to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench tested/serviced.
04-18-16, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-16 08:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the response.

The CP100 is directly connected to the c97 via Raynet cable. I have changed out the cable and got the same results.

When I select MENU->CHANNEL-> in the fishfinder screen, there are no options that appear (ie, there is no CP100 to select). However, I see the CP100 in the diagnostics screen.

I do not have any other equipment to use to isolate what is causing the issue.

Is there anything else I can try to get this thing to work? Since the CP100 popped up in the diagnostics screen only after updating the software, I have a funny feeling it's something very simple that I have to do to get it to work.

Thanks.
04-19-16, 09:02 AM
dsteiger,

It is recommended that you check the MFD's diagnostic Select
Device List (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE) to verify that the CP100 has been updated with v10.06 software. If not, then the CP100's software should be updated accordingly. If so, then please note that no CP100 tab within the Fishfinder application's Channel dialog when the system features a single fishinding produced. Instead, the Channel dialog will simply have options for "Ping Enable", "Sonar", or "DownVision". Selecting the "Sonar" or "DownVision" option will then cause the Fishfinder application page/pane to be populated with the selected sonar imagery.
04-20-16, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-16 09:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The cp100 does have the 10.06 software. When I select channel from within the fish finder screw, a grey screen appears with the message "No transducer connected. Connect a transducer and restart the unit."
04-21-16, 09:20 AM
dsteiger,

It is recommended that the CP100 be brought to your Raymarine dealer to be tested with another transducer to fault isolate the problem to the transducer or the CP100. The faulty device should be replaced by the dealer (if purchased less than 30 day prior) or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench tested/serviced.