Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST60+ Wind display
07-31-18, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-18 01:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ST60+ Wind display
In July of last year, I changed the mast top wind transducer (still from my previous ST60) to a new one. As the new version turns faster, I calibrated the ST60+ accordingly and all worked fine.

Recently, the ST60+ windinstrument started failing and showed 3 dashes in the little LCD display. After turning off the electronic instruments power on the main panel, it would work again for a while.
Recently however, all I get now is 3 dashes in the display. If I press APP for apparent wind, the dial goes round like crazy.

So, what is causing this? Could the wind transducer in the mast top maybe worked loose? Or is this a software issue (but would that suddenly happen)?

I am at a loss here......
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-18, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-18 01:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] ST60+ Wind display
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Marco,

The problem may indeed be indicative of a loose masthead, failing masthead, or failing wind instrument. After verifying that the masthead is securely fastened to its base, the masthead should be test. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the masthead transducer test not indicate a problem with the transducer, then the fault would then be determined to be rooted within the ST60+ Wind Instrument. In the case of the latter, the ST60+ Wind Instrument would need to be replaced (typically with an i60 Wind), as Raymarine's Product Repair Center can no longer service ST60/ST60+ instruments. Should testing reveal a fault with the wind transducer, then the transducer should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
08-04-18, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-18 06:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck! I hope it is just the fitting. I will use my charms for my wife to hoist me all the way up the mast next week, when we visit the boat again and will report back my findings.
08-05-18, 06:33 AM
You're welcome.