Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom 9RV / RV100 / Airmar UDST800 - data source management
07-09-18, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-18 09:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Axiom 9RV / RV100 / Airmar UDST800 - data source management
Hi -

I've purchased an Axiom 9RV / RV100 combo and have started installing it into my boat. I'm considering the purchase of an Airmar USDT800 (the new no-wheel depth/speed/temp NMEA2000 transducer) and I'm seeking configuration clarification.

The Lighthouse 3 version 3.5 advanced manual's "Data sources menu" section seems to indicate that I can manually select the source of speed through water and depth; sourcing of temperature is less clear in the illustration. The forum thread FAQ "Sonar Prioritization with Multiple Data Sources (LH3 R1 and onward)" (http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=5357) muddies this somewhat by stating that depth, speed and temperature are prioritized automatically and, in the abscense of being able to use the above sensor for experimentation, it's not clear to me if I can aribitrarily select the data sources for the D/S/T values from the USDT800.

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks,

Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-18, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-18 09:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Axiom 9RV / RV100 / Airmar UDST800 - data source management
Hi Mike,

You can manually select the source of speed or depth but not, at this point, temperature. The closest you can get is disabling the RV transducer's temperature sensor in the Settings menu of the fishfinder app, but you can't do the other way round. We know this is limiting, and I believe temperature source selection is in the to-do list, but I don't have any information about ETA.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
07-19-18, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-18 09:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Tom -

Thanks for the clarification.

- Mike
07-19-18, 06:26 PM
No problem.
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.